So, I didn't really do anything all that exciting this last weekend/week so I guess I'll just write 10 observations of Dublin and it's people. Sorry that I don't have any pictures, except of one of me sitting on a horse in a pub, but no one wants to see that! haha.
1. It's expensive!
2. It's expensive! Dublin is the second most expensive city to live in in the world! Milk costs about the equivalent of 3 dollars for about a half gallon of milk and eating out costs about 10 euro on average (15 dollars) if you want to get full! a meal at mcdonalds costs about 9 euro, unless you have a coupon and then it's 5.
3. The people are incredibly friendly and helpful, but their systems of organization are not so great. However, according to the Italian, who I was talking with last night, it is great compared to Italy. I definitely could not live in Italy in that case!
4. The students go home just about every weekend. I think it's so they can mooch off of their parents instead of paying their own money for the overpriced food, or maybe it's so they can go out wednesday night.
5. The students will not hesitate to go out on Wednesday night. Actually, that is The Night to go out.
6. Homework is definitely not common and exams are two, maximum. You might just have a final as your grade for the course, or, in some cases, a paper.
7. The weather in fall does not seem to be too bad, and is not much worse than Indiana is most years. (so far).
8. It costs 14 euro round trip and takes 45-90 minutes to get to the airport. haha, I think they should have a frequent bussers pass for that stupid aircoach!
9. I can't understand people from Galway (the west coast of Ireland)
10. Most of the Irish countryside (that I've seen) reminds me of Florida, and that is very unimpressive in my opinion. Indiana is prettier, we just don't have cliffs. The cliffs here are beautiful!
That's about all I can think of to write right now. Sorry it's so uninteresting after a trip to Brussels!