Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Longest Days Ever!

So the UCD people forgot to mention a few things we needed before we left which resulted in walking at least 3 miles with about 100 lbs of luggage.  Joy! 

I got to wait in a 3 hour line to get my student ID card (which was on the opposite side of campus from my apartment).  Then I got to run back to my apartment only to find out I was missing another vital document.  Of course, to get this one must run back to the place where one's student ID is obtained.

Throw all of this running around on top of the fact that I haven't slept for over 24 hours, smell bad, and need to desperately brush my teeth and you have a recipe for big fun.  I'm so glad I'm finally in my room though.  I'm going to take a nap before I start to think about all of the things I have yet to do.  Register at the Gaurdia (which I am told is just about as much fun as getting your room key), get food, and a get a few other things that I couldn't manage to shove in my suitcase.  I also notice that the fan thingy in my bathroom doesn't work so the floor is still soaked and the mirror is foggy  an hour after I took a shower.I'll load pictures tomorrow (when I have more time and energy) of the world's smallest bathroom and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment